If you have a new investment opportunity for us to consider, please contact us with the following information about the opportunity.
Investment Ready Checklist
Unique technology and relevant documentation, including patents and licences.
- Description of technology - what the technology or product does, what problem does it solve or what similar technology / product does it replace?
- Clear explanation of what makes the technology unique.
- Origin of the technology – who carried out the core R&D associated with this technology / product.
- Intellectual property - indicate the type of intellectual property protection (provisional patents, patents, trademarks, etc) that has been obtained for this technology/ product and provide brief details of the date of filings, stakeholders and their respective shareholding of the intellectual property associated with this technology. List any patentability or freedom to operate advice that has been obtained. Please provide details of key refereed articles published by the inventors.
- Licence agreements
Management team with relevant experience and qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Professional referees
- Track record of experience and working together as a team
Target market, size of the market, competitors, and potential customers
- Who or what is your target market?
- Is there a need?
- How big is the market in $ and units and how will it grow in the next five years?
- Who are your competitors and why will you be able to compete with them?
- Provide details of any agreements with any customers, distributors or commercial partners.
- Who do you expect your customers to be in the future?
- Is reimbursement required?
- How will your team employ your technology to serve the market?
- What are the risks and how will you manage them?
- Why will you succeed where others have failed?
- What is your competitive advantage - explain how/why the technology will remain the preferred solution, what factors will maintain/increase the technology/product’s competitiveness? How will competitors be prevented from eroding your market-share?
- If the venture has already been incorporated, detail any existing share holdings.
- Provide brief details on any grants received or approved or any collaborative funding arrangements.
- How much money do you need?
- How will you spend it and over what time frame?
- What milestones will you achieve before you need more money?
- How and when will investors be able to exit the investment?
"GBS were our seed investor and provided invaluable support in shaping the business and its direction - right from the beginning. They were a great partner for eight years, providing strategic oversight and guidance and were critical in helping to build the management team and board of directors."
Dr Alan Robertson, CEO Pharmaxis, ASX Listed Biotech
"The Auckland Cancer Research Centre has a long history of biomedical research partnerships but we always wanted to start a biotech company to get further down the development path with new therapies for cancer. GBS has helped us to build two companies based on research in our laboratories and to recruit experienced executives, undertake ongoing research, enter clinical trials and establish operations in New Zealand, Australia and California. GBS has also helped attract over US$50m financing syndicated with US venture capital funds. They have been a great repeat investor from discovery through to late stage clinical trials."
Prof Bill Denny, Founder of Proacta Inc (US) and Pathway Therapeutics Ltd (NZ)
"The extensive Biotechnology experience and expertise of the GBS team has been of valuable assistance to our strategic planning and related operational issues .Their solid reputation has further enhanced access to potential partners for our novel technology."
Victor Skladnev, CEO, AiMedics